The 2017 Fall season was another successful season at Cincinnati United Soccer Club. There were a lot of highlights as the club continues to pave the way as the #1 club in the area for player development.
“The fall season was an exciting one as we have developed new programming in all areas of the club,” said CU Director of Coaching Kim Scheper. “The CUP Boys and Girls were accepted into the United States Development Academy, which is considered the highest league in the country. Our 2010 DL program continues to evolve in all of our sites with new initiatives. Our juniors program has created festivals for our players to participate in and our fun four year old program has a 4v4 in-house league that continues to grow. In addition, our CU Fall finale grew by more than 100 teams in only the second year. And, we are continuing to lead the way in the college recruiting arena by placing many of our players in some of the top collegiate conferences in the country while also having many selected for US Youth National Team training camps.”
Here are just some of the many highlights:
- Consistent, quality, and professional training at CU Juniors, CU, CUP, and CDA
- Only club in the area to participate in the US Soccer Development Academy - CUP Boys and Cincinnati Development Academy (girls)
- Two successful tournaments hosted by CU - Neil Bradford Memorial Cup and CU Fall Finale
- Addition of new, qualified coaching staff and directors
- Multiple alums being selected to US Youth National Teams
- Coaching education to continue to develop staff
- Girls and boys players competing in high school play, leading to individual and team awards on and off the field
- Multiple teams participating in service projects to give back to the community
- More than 75 titles via league and tournament play
- Multiple players committing to college programs
- Older club players giving back by assisting with training sessions for our Juniors and CU teams
Looking ahead to this winter season, the club is continuing to buzz with activity. Some of our high school aged teams returned to training and match play after their high school seasons. These teams are competing in some of the top college showcases around the country. Our Development Academy teams, girls (at Cincinnati Development Academy) and boys, will be concluding their fall season with games and the DA showcase. And our younger teams continue their development by participating in indoor and futsal training.
Let's go CU/CUP!